Sleeping in Space

Description:

My artwork is a planet in space with its moon behind it. The space is lined with stars and a purple color. A little campsite can be seen in the foreground on a desolate moon with a nice view of the main planet and its moon.

How I made it:

I used Adobe Illustrator to make this artwork. I heavily made use of the gradient, opacity, and clipping mask feature when adding designs and color to the planet as well as in creating the stars and the ring.

Big Idea:

My idea for this project was created when I was those spray paint planet videos on Tiktok and Youtube. I wanted to try to make something like that digitally with Adobe illustrator.

Goals:

My goal for this project was to make a planet and space landscape while also making it look good with nice colors and designs as well as shading and use of opacity.

Thoughts:

I think that this project came out better than I thought it would. It turned out to be very cool with all of the design choices. The shading also adds another layer to it and makes the planets and objects look truly part of the environment.