We are the ones who live

1. What is the subject of your illustration and why did you choose it? Explain.

The subject of my project was the Walking Dead. I chose this theme because I thought that it would be interesting to see it as a pictogram. The use of walkers as main enemies for the characters also fits well in the pictogram, giving the characters something to fight while also looking cool as well as adding to the format of a pictogram being focused on people and characters rather than landscapes or colors.

2. What do you like about your art? Explain.

The two-color nature of a pictogram looks very interesting with the different miniature scenes going on in my pictogram. This contrast between the fight in the woods and the fight on the bridge is really cool to look at, as well as all of the variation in the zombies and weapon types that I used in the project.

3. What advice would you give another student before they begin the pictogram technique? Explain.

It is a lot easier to create things in the pictogram style when creating shapes and lines with an outline that matches the background. This helps to separate different objects that are overlapping while also maintaining the overall style of a pictogram. I would also say that tracing is a very good tool to use for more complex things like the wrecked car and the helicopter in my project. This will help save time and make the project look a little better.